The Radiotherapy book
The radiotherapy book has been written to help people understand how the treatment is used to treat brain tumours. The guide explains in lay terms:
- What is radiotherapy?
- Should I have radiotherapy?
- How does radiotherapy work?
The book explains the differences between fractionated and stereotactic radiotherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery and proton beam therapy.
Also included is glossary of common terms relating to radiotherapy and links to useful resources.
The radiotherapy book has been written with input from the following experts:
- Patient/carer representatives
- Clinical specialist radiographer
- Radiation oncologist – neurooncology
- Consultant neurosurgeon
- Consultant neuropathologist
- Cancer Research UK (CRUK)
You can see an online preview of the book here: https://brainstrust.org.uk/downloads/My-radiotherapy-book.pdf